Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Another Great Brother

50 days before BYU Football (who are thus far undefeated by the way!) BYU started a promotion where they dropped off one box in each of the 50 states. Each box had a bunch of cool BYU stuff in it, but most of the fun was finding the box!!  When BYU came to Texas they dropped not one but 3 boxes - yet somehow they missed Houston -- HOUSTON the fourth largest city in America!! Anyway.. enough BYU fans complained that on Kick-Off Eve BYU stopped by H-Town!! 

I had to drop someone off at the airport, so I was thinking that of course I had no chance to get the box, but traffic was surprisingly not that bad, so on my way back into the city I decided to wait downtown for the Facebook post that would tell me where I needed to be! 

I parked and waited, then I drove around and waited, and then I waited some more. FINALLY THE POST CAME UP. .... 
The flippin' box was at NASA! 

Do y'all know where NASA IS?!? 

Point A: Downtown --> Point B: NASA
I'm torn between wanting Houston to have the pride of having NASA and outrage that BYU would consider something soooooo far away a part of Houston!

My family knew that I had been trying for the box and were appropriately empathetic when I didn't get it! What I didn't know was that I have another amazing brother looking out for me! About a week after my tragic disappointment I received this package:

MY VERY OWN BYU BOX! 


Sweet Ty sent me a package - which if you knew Ty is pretty shocking - not the thoughtful gift and looking out for me part - that's pretty standard Ty -- just the gettin' it together so fast and sending it within a week of my disappointment! What a champ ya know?!

Sweetest brothers a girl could ask for!!
I can't believe I have been blessed with soooooo many thoughtful and kind people in my life. I know for a fact that these brothers of mine (not to mention sisters, brother-in-laws, and parents) are in my life for a very specific reason! I'm so blessed by each of them! How did I get soo lucky?! 

1 comment: