It was Sunday so it wasn't too grandiose and I imagine today isn't going to be much more so. It's interview prep day! I may sneak out to take care of those tweezers and some no-show socks! But before that I'll post this sucker and get some free breakfast!
I took a relaxing morning and then headed off to Church. It was only about 15 minutes away, which was nice! I got in there and sat by myself at first, but I decided that wouldn't work because I was trying to figure out if I wanted to live there! So I picked up my things and headed up a few rows to a girl that had smiled at me. She didn't know she was volunteering herself to let me to sit by her and then take me to Gospel Doctrine and then Relief Society, but she was.
It was good idea though because she was so nice! Sweet Amy gave me all the juice on Houston and the ward was great! After sacrament, they do announcements and as part of that they said: okay stand up if you're new or visiting here and introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Needless to say - I did NOT stand-up, even though Amy kept looking over at me.
Several people asked me who I was and it was so nice to feel so welcome! I may just like this place! There are three YSA wards here, but I went to the main one! Good find LDS.org!
After Church, I headed out to do some touristing. There is something called the "Waterwall" near the Galleria, which is apparently quite the shopping center. As it was Sunday, I avoided the glorified mall and headed straight to the Waterwall. The wind made it very cold - like a windy spring day in Wyoming. So ... I took a few pictures and then headed back to my car after some minutes of pondering on a bench. It was quick easy and painless! And it was pretty neat. I can see that it would be an awesome place to go in the Summer -- it's cool and misty near the Waterwall.
Until tomorrow:
Im glad you found sweet Amy!
ReplyDelete